Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pumpkin Cheesecake

I have this fantastic mini cheesecake pan from Williams-Sonoma that I love! It is one of my go to items for parties or other special events. These mini pumpkin cheesecakes were for a baby shower.

They are simple to make and always seem to turn out perfectly, not to mention they are quite pleasing to the eye.


This was a fun recipe that I just played around with. It too is really simple. If by chance you get the pan you can use any cheesecake recipe. I just added some whipped cream (yes I whipped it, I love, love, really love Heavy Whipping Cream) and then sprinkled some nutmeg and cinnamon on the top.
1 2/3 Cup gingersnap crumbs
1/2 Cup finely chopped pecans
1/3 Cup butter melted
Mix crumbs, pecans and butter; press into bottom of the cheesecake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
2 packages of cream cheese, softened
3/4 Cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
1 Cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
Combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and mix until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, then add pumpkin and spices. Spoon into mini cheesecake pan at least until its 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes. Cool and then chill.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I love pumpkin cheesecake. They just look so cute in their little roundness.