Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Chocolate Crinkles

Hmmmm, these sound really good right now. I am contemplating whether I have time right this minute to go make them.


To start off with the dough is so tasty. It is a nice rich chocolate, but not over the top. (I say that for those of you that don't prefer chocolate in all forms...for me there is no over the top anywhere in my vocabulary when it comes to chocolate). Then its smooth and creamy. That alone is enough to get me off the couch to turn on the mixer. Then the cookie, mmmmm they have a nice firm outside with a soft inside. They don't break apart, they pull apart. The powdered sugar is an added little bonus that makes them look pretty and gives them just a little bit more flavor.
This recipe comes from my friend Michelle Parker.
3 eggs
1 1/2 C Sugar
4 oz unsweetened chocolate (melted)
1/2 C vegetable oil
2 t baking powder
2 t vanilla
2 C flour
Sifted Powdered Sugar
Beat ingredients together. I beat the sugar and oil, then add the eggs and vanilla. Slowly add the chocolate, then the baking powder and flour. Chill 1-2 hours. Shape into balls and roll in powdered sugar. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with more powdered sugar if they need it.


2 comments:

rachel said...

yum. one of our christmas favorites.

Margaret said...

Sounds like another yummy treat to try!