Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Snickerdoodle Cookies

I have a daughter who actually doesn't like chocolate. I am not sure how that happened. I know for a fact that each time one of my children were in the womb they were inundated with ample amounts of chocolate. Regardless, she really doesn't like chocolate.

She does however love these snickerdoodle cookies. So we made some for her the other day. We tend to bake cookies...often...and so we like to share them with our neighbors, friends, and teachers.

They turned out quite delightful if I do say so myself. I must admit though that baking these with a 3, 5, 8, and 10 year old tends to get a bit on the messy side. Like with sprinkles we end up finding bits of sugar and cinnamon for days and days after. This was my grandmothers recipe. I love it.

Snickerdoodles
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees

1/2 C Butter softened
1/2 C Shortening
1 1/2 C Sugar
2 3/4 C Flour
2 Eggs
1 t Baking Soda
1/4 t salt

2 T Sugar
2 t cinnamon

Mix together the butter, shortening and the 1 1/2 cups of sugar until well blended. Add the eggs and mix again. Add in some of the flour with the salt and baking soda. Mix. Add the remaining flour. In a small shallow bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Roll the cookie dough into small balls and then roll in the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Bake for 8-10 minutes.


1 comment:

Margaret said...

I heart Snickerdoodles.

And I have the same predicament with a child not liking chocolate.

Although I got him to eat a brownie once and he said "it's ok"...but wouldn't eat anymore. I count that as progress.